Monday, July 12, 2010

411 Curtain Call

This card was whipped up for challenges over at Stacey's Stampin Stage, and Stampin' 411. I was inspired by this card here by Mary Fish. I really wanted to use my new Level 3 hostess set Playful Pieces. Its' so versatile. You can construct so many different images with the stamps in this set. The cake base was put together with some pieces from the set. The cake was stamped from a single rectangle and then cut up into pieces to make the layers of the cake. This patterned paper is from a retired hostess set. I really was drawn to the colours that Stacey chose this week and I thought they'd make a fun girly birthday card. Then I realized that there were some similarities between the sketch and Mary Fish's card, so I used both of them to create the card.

Here's a photo of the inside of the card. The inside stamp is from Birthday Bliss. I coloured it in with Aquapainters.


The Fun Stuff
1. Paper – Very Vanilla, Regal Rose, Certainly Celery, Pumpkin Pie, Rich Razzleberry, Regal Rose Patterned DSP.
2. Ink – Regal Rose, Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie
3. Stamps – Playful Pieces, Birthday Bliss
4. Accessories – Modern Label Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals

7 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

darling card, Sandra! thanks for playing along at the Curtain Call!

Lea L. said...

I love the fresh and clean design of your card! That cake is so cute! Great job with the Curtain Call this week!!

♥♥♥Lea

Sue said...

What a fantastic card Sandra, great use of both challenges! Thanks for sharing your talent at Curtain Call this week! :)

Marisa said...

Very cute card :D Great use of this week's colours. Thanks for playing the Curtain Call :D

Kerin said...

Great birthday card, I can't wait to use that new set too :) Love the color combo!

Connie Babbert said...

Very cute birthday card! I can't wait to get that set myself! Thanks for playing along with Stamping 411 this week.

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful birthday card!!! The cake image is yummy!!! Awesome take on the CC colors and you rocked the Sketch too!!! Hugs ~S~