Monday, July 12, 2010

Paper Players Challenge #6


I am so happy to have finally completed a card for the Paper Players Challenge over at Always Playing with Paper. This colour combo really said 'flowers' to me. And so I pulled out my new Level 1 hostess set 'Because I Care'. I stamped 2 images and carefully cut out parts of it and popped them up on glue dots to add dimension. This is kind of a simple 3D Tole, or paper tole. Many people ask me how I get my scallop trim edge and corner punches to line up so easily, and so I have made a little tutorial on my technique. Click here for the tutorial.

Now back to my card. The image was stamped in Basic Grey on Very Vanilla. Then I coloured in the blossoms with an Aquapainter and Rose Red ink and the leaves with Certainly Celery and an Aquapainter. Then I mounted it on a frame of Rose Red cardstock (again click here for a tutorial) Then the whole thing was mounted on a piece of textured Very Vanilla cardstock. I have included the untouched photo below to show the detail from the Vintage Wallpaper textured impression folder for the Big Shot which made this texture. Next I added a Certainly Celery ribbon (retired). The sentiment was stamped in Rose Red and mounted on a piece of Basic Grey cardstock. Finally, the whole thing was mounted on Certainly Celery cardstock.



The Fun Stuff
1. Paper – Very Vanilla, Basic Grey, Rose Red, Certainly Celery
2. Ink – Basic Grey, Rose Red, Certainly Celery
3. Stamps – Because I Care
4. Accessories – Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions folder, Scallop Trim border and corner punches. Modern Label and Word Window punches, Aquapainter, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, ¾ inch Certainly Celery ribbon (retired)

4 comments:

Beverly G said...

That's the prettiest I've seen this stamp done yet.
Thanks so much for the award, I'm getting ready to post about it now.
You've been one of my most loyal followers.

Corie said...

This is just gorgeous!! Thanks for playing along with us.

Big smiles,
Corie

Hands On said...

Beautiful job colouring in the hydrangea! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Sandra - I love the way you added depth to your hydrangea. The extra effort of stamping twice was really worth while. You did such a fabulous job with the color challenge this week. I love the scallop edge around the focal image and the peek of satin ribbon in the background.
fabulous!
Thank you for joining the Paper Players this week.
Jaydee