Sunday, July 11, 2010

Latest Blog Award


One of the things that I love about bloggerland out there is the friends that you can make online. Occasionally someone sends me a blog award and I have to say that I am usually too busy to organize myself to pass it on.


BUT...


Today I was thrilled to receive one from Tamie over at Paper Infusions and More. She has presented me with this Cherry On Top Award. Thanks Tamie. Please take time to check out her blog. She has a weekly colour challenge for you to enter. And as I am on summer holidays I have the time to post this one up. I also organized myself to post up the other awards I have received over the past year. This one I am actually going to pass on - hooray!!! Isn't it the cutest?? I love the little cupcakes.


The rules for this award are:
1. Thank the person who gave this award to you.
2. Copy the award and put it on your blog.
3. List three things which you love about yourself.
4. Post a picture you love.
5. Tag five people you wish to pass this award on to.



So without sounding too narcissistic here are 3 things I love about myself.


1. I love being artistic. I studied classical piano for 10 years when I was younger, I taught myself to play the guitar, I taught music to primary children for the first half of my teaching career, I love to paint with watercolour and sew. And a few years ago I discovered that my true artistic passion is papercrafting.


2. I love my family. I have a wonderful husband and 2 adorable children. They are all the most important things in my life. I learn new things from my children daily. They are both bright sparks.


3. I love being a teacher. I have been teaching primary children for 18 years. Right now I teach Grade 2. I have taught in New Zealand on a job exchange. I have friends who are teachers all over the world. I love that teachers are usually passionate about their jobs. It takes a certain kind of person to be a teacher and I love people like that.


Now for the picture. It's so hard when I have so many pictures of my children and family that I love. This picture is of my daughter when she was 11 months old. I love how expressive she is. Even though she couldn't talk when I took this picture, you can tell how excited she is. To this day she LOVES swings.


Five people to tag - again this is a toughie as I have so many wonderful blogging friends.

1. Angela - my upline and good friend. I would not even have this blog if she had not encouraged me to follow her into the blogosphere. Click here for her blog.
2. LeAnne - I find so much inspiration from her blog. She is one of the people behind the long running Color Throwdown challenge blog. Check out her fabulous creations on her blog here.
3. Kari - a friend and crafter I met online. Kari is extremely talented and has been sought out to join the design teams she is on. Click here for her fabulous blog.
4. Beverly - I met her through her entries to Stampin' Royalty. She always has such nice things to comment. Check out her great blog here.
5. Lesley - a fellow Canadian teacher from British Columbia as well. She always leaves me such nice comments on my blog. Check out her wonderful challenge blog called Always Playing with Paper.

Thanks again Tamie for the award. I swear I'm going to get organized enough to enter your challenges as I LOVE colour challenges.

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

Thanks so much!!! Wow, I will have to think on all these things, but I have to tell you, your daughter's picture is so sweet, I will carry that image with me all day! My DD is about a month away from her first daughter and this is just a little preview of what mom-mom will be able to treasure! Thanks for being such an encouragement to me!! You're a sweetie!

Unknown said...

WOW! Thanks friend! You are so sweet! Thanks for all YOUR encouragement and inspiration!

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

Thanks sooooo much Sandra! That means a lot coming from you! The feeling is mutual... you inspired my love in papercrafting and without your introduction to the world of stamping I'd never be doing what I'm doing now! Hugs and Kisses!
Ange

Lesley said...

WOW Sandra! Thank you so much for your kind words and this award! I don't know how I missed it!
Lesley