Sunday, August 1, 2010

Monochromatic PPA

It's a monochromatic colour challenge this week at Pals Paper Arts. And the colour you need to use is.....PURPLE!!!!!! I LOVE purple. So I knew that I just could NOT pass this one by. I used this retired stamp set - From The Earth - yesterday and I really wanted to try it out again. Those little square stamps are practically screaming for a square punch. I really really really wanted to use Concord Crush as my colour, but my shipment has not arrived yet, so I went with my old standby...Elegant Eggplant.

The images were stamped and cut out and then mounted on a scallop square punch out. The background was embossed with a textured impression folder. Then I used a sponge and ink and daubed it and swirled it around on the cardstock very lightly to create a lighter background of the same tone. To get the purple ribbon I used an aquapainter and a reinker and painted the colour on white taffeta ribbon. Then I pulled some other purple ribbon from my stash and layered the two together. I created the bow with black thread and a button from my stash.

The Fun Stuff:
1. Paper – Elegant Eggplant and Whisper White cardstock
2. Ink – Elegant Eggplant
3. Accessories – Finial Press Textured Impressions Folder, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Scallop Square punch, Smooch Spritz, Sponges, Taffeta Ribbon, Black Thread, Stampin’ Dimensionals
4. Non-Stampin’ Up! – button and bottom ribbon from my stash

3 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! So many wonderful details - and about that ribbon! You would never know you started with white - that technique is perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at PPA!

Ann Schach said...

Stunning! I love the sponged embossed background! The ribbon is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing how you created it! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is beautiful!