Monday, August 2, 2010

Pink Elephant #18 and Hand Stamped #26

Well today I tried something new. I combined the sketch challenge from Pink Elephant (Ella's Pink Scrapbook - Challenge #18 ) and the challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments (watercolouring HSS #26). I bought these awesome stamps yesterday. It's from a set called Between The Lines from Stampology. We went down to the river yesterday and rode our bikes on the seawall in Richmond. For you Winter Olympic fans it's the suburb in Vancouver where the Speed Skating oval is . We had a great time in the sun and then had lunch on the dock and checked out the fishing boats. After lunch we went down to the docks and bought some shrimp and fish to BBQ. My son and daughter loved checking out the boats. I took tons of photos - and I'll scrap them soon. My favourite photo of the day was this one of my daughter. She's almost 3 years old, but lately she's been in the 'terrible two's' with a vengance. So to catch her smiling with her favourite stuffie was quite the achievement. Anyway, back to the page. The stamps were just screaming for watercolouring, so I pulled out my Aquapainters to get the job done. But first I stamped the image with Craft Ink and heat embossed the image to create a raised profile. I really like this technique as it prevents the colours from running together when wet. I used the retired Sweet Pea DSP (patterned paper) because the colours complimented the colours in the photo.


The Fun Stuff:
1. Paper – Sweet Pea Patterned Paper (ret), Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise
2. Ink – Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie
3. Punches - 1 ¼’ square punch, large scallop circle punch
4. Accessories – Aquapinters, Blender Pens, Stampin’ Write Markers, Stampin’ Dimensionals
5. Non Stampin’ Up! – Stamps – Between the Lines from Stampology

3 comments:

Shanda Stirk said...

Adorable page - adorable daughter! Sounds like a fun day and I love how you did your scrapbook page!

Anonymous said...

Super cute! I love the DSP and your journaling. I love the watercoloring and your layout too. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

sarahw said...

Love this page! You did a great job with the challenge. I am with you about the 3 year old, I have to say it is a good thing they are so cute. :)