Monday, August 16, 2010

PPA Birthday

Here's my attempt at the latest challenge over at PPA. It's a colour challenge this week and WOW are they bright colours. So I went back to my tried and true formula of using lots of WHITE on a card with bright colours. I decided to use ribbon as my medium. So I went through my retired stuff and pulled out last year's In Colours which are close (or including) these colours. So obviously Melon Mambo is the same, but Tempting Turquoise is close to Bermuda Bay, and Crushed Curry is close to Daffodil Delight. So I pulled out my stash of organza ribbon and matched it as best I could to the grosgrain. The Whisper White was embossed with the wallpaper textured impressions folder. The brads are from my stash, and the sentiment was stamped in Tempting Turquoise, and then punched out with the wide oval punch. Then the matte was punched out of Daffodil Delight with the new Decorative Label Punch.


The Fun Stuff
1. Paper – Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise cardstock
2. Ink – Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight
3. Punches – Decorative Lable and Wide Oval
4. Accessories – Grosgrain Ribbon (retired), Organza Ribbon and brads (from my stash), Wallpaper Textured Impressions folder, Stampin’ Dimensionals

5 comments:

suzARTe said...

Such a lovely card, I love how the main colours are brought out through the ribbon.

thanks so much for letting me know about a new colour challenge. I will try and enter tomorrow :):)

Linda Callahan said...

I love the effect of that organza ribbon! I only have it in white and have never seen it used much in colors but this is very pretty! Gorgeous with the white background - thanks for joining us at PPA!

Linda Callahan said...

I love the effect of that organza ribbon! I only have it in white and have never seen it used much in colors but this is very pretty! Gorgeous with the white background - thanks for joining us at PPA!

Michelle-Jersey Girl said...

Thanks for the tips on photographing my cards...I can use all the help I can get. I'll definitely check out the color challenge over at stampin royalty. You PPA card is cute btw...I didn't do it, because those colors looked to difficult for me. :)

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful ribbons! Love the texture! Thanks for playing @ PPA!