Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Stampin Royalty Challenge #31

This week at Stampin' Royalty we have a fabulous challenge for you. This week, the challenge is to make your own patterned paper, and then incorporate it into a project. I used My Digital Studio, and one of the latest downloads (Broadsheet Alphabet) to create my patterned paper. I was inspired by a sample in the current catalogue from Stampin' Up! To make this paper, first I 'stamped' all the letters on a 12x12 page. Because I used My Digital Studio, it was easy to resize various letters to add interest to the page. Then I colour matched them to all of the new core colours and the newest In Colors. Finally I used Kraft as the background colour and then lightened its opacity so that the letters had better contrast. I printed the photo out twice and then taped them together on the back to make this strip of patterned paper. I used it on my 8x8 page above. I found this fabulous scottish proverb to create the journaling. It says IF EGOTISM IS AN ALPHABET OF ONE LETTER AS THE SCOTTISH PROVERB SAYS, THEN FAMILY MUST BE AN ALPHABET OF MULTIPLE LETTERS. This card also qualifies for the challenge of BUTTONS over at Everything But The Kitchen Sink.

3 comments:

Shanda Stirk said...

Wow! what a fabulous page! I love what you did with the MDS! and I love your sentiment too!

Winter said...

Great layout! Thanks for playing with us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

Ann said...

Fun LO! Thanks for playing with us EBTKS girls!