Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Beautiful


My daughter's birthday is next week. Shes' going to be 3 years old. I can't believe it's been 3 years since I was last pregnant. One of my friends tells me that she believes that birthdays should be for the mother, because she's the one who did most of the work until that point. For those of you who don't know, my daughter was actually a bit of an accident. When my son was 6 months old, I got pregnant with my daughter. We had just bought our current house and were about to move closer to our families. We didn't think that we would get pregnant that fast given my age (I was 38). But apparently we are very fertile. In Canada we get 12 months of maternity leave, but I needed to go back early in order to stock up for my next maternity leave, so when I was 10 weeks pregnant in a difficult pregnancy, I went back to work full-time, my husband got very sick, and we moved houses. Basically I packed up and unpacked our entire house while my husband lay in bed, I had an 8 month old baby, was 1o weeks pregnant, and working full time. Thank GOODNESS for grandparents is all I can say. I went into labour 7 weeks before she was actually born. It's called prodromal labour and although it's not terribly painful, it's very stressful. So I lay around the house for most of the summer (and it was HOT). But enough about me. In the end we wound up with a beautiful, smart, strong, stubborn, funny, delightful baby girl. She is the light of my life. My son is amazing too, but my daughter and I have such a kinship as she and I come from a long line of very strong viking women, and she reminds me of myself all the time.

Needless to say, I made this birthday card for her. I looked all over the web for a princess stamp and found this one at Digital Delights. She's called Princess Shona. I put her in MDS (my digital studio) and printed her out several times on various patterned paper and then cut out the parts and paper pieced her together. My daughter LOVES pink, so thus the pink dress, and she has blonde hair and blue eyes, so I tried to make the princess look like her.

The Fun Stuff - on MDS
1. Princess Shona - look above for link
2. Text - done in Microsoft Word
3. Colours - So Saffron, Blushing Bride, Concord Crush, Whisper White and Blush Blossom (ink with an aquapainter.
4. Accessories - blender pen, Scallop Trim border and corncer punches, large oval and scallop oval punches, stampin dimensionals, stampin' write marker.

1 comment:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Your daughter is adorable. The princess card is so appropriate for a little girl.