Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Artisan Blog Hop Day #1

For the next 10 days, I will be showcasing all of my winning entries for Artisan Award.  In fact, the 10 of us who won are joining in a Blog Hop to showcase all of our work.  Underneath my project, you will find a link to the next blog on the tour, and at the very bottom of this post you will find a complete list of all 10 blogs, in case you get lost on the tour.  So welcome to the next stop on the 2011 Artisan Award Blog Hop. We can't wait to share a closer look at our projects with you. There are ten stops along the way and it makes a complete circle. So when you end up back here, then you know you have visited everyone.You should have just come from Connie Collins' blog. Aren't here entries fabulous?  She sure has a creative eye.

Here's my project for today.  I decided to start with this project because it's the one that I've had in my mind the longest.  When I entered the Artisan Award contest last year, I had already created my 3D projects before I got the idea for this carousel.    I think that really worked out for me, because that pompom trim really helped smooth out the rough edges for me when I was finally putting this baby together.  I am going to post up a complete tutorial on this project in the next month.  The rocking horse came from a card I saw on Regina Magnum's blog - the stampin bean.  I added the pompom trim and some embroidery thread to finish it off.  The owl came from the Owl Punch.  I used wooden downling as the posts for the carousel.  a
One of the questions that I got a lot at Convention, was 'how much did it cost you to mail that?"  Well I actually mailed it in two sections.  I took the pink circle and point off and left some sticky strip with post-its that said "please attach the top here"  This made the package small enough that it actually didn't cost me very much to mail this 3 day international express.  Below you will find some closeup photos of the details - enjoy!!  Don't forget to scroll down for the link to the next blog in the Hop.



"That's my project for today, now hop on over to Heidi King's blog to see her amazing project.

SUPPLIES:
Stamps - Punch Bunch

Cardstock – Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Crumb Cake
DSP – Ice Cream Parlour
Classic Ink – Pretty In Pink, Daffodil Delight
Adhesives – SNAIL adhesive, Sticky Strip, Crystal Effects, Mini Glue Dots
Punches – Two-Step Owl Extra-Large, Round Tab Extra-Large, Designer Label Large, Modern Label Extra-Large, Heart to Heart Extra-Large, Scallop Trim Border, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border
Accessories – Melon Mambo Pompom Trim, Circle Scissors Plus, Crop-a-Dile, Perfect Setting Bigz xl die, Petal Cone Bigz die
Non-Stampin’ Up! Pink Embroidery Thread, Wooden Dowling, Toilet Paper Roll – in the middle


THE ARTISAN AWARD WINNERS BLOG HOP 2011
1. Connie Collins  
2. Sandra Farrell   (You are here)
3. Heidi King  
4. Heather Klump   
5. Cheryl LeFore   
6. Laura Mellinger
7. Jennifer Picard    
8. Heather Stevens  
9. Summer Stone    
10. Heather Summers

14 comments:

Connie Collins said...

Sandra,
This was one of the projects that totally amazed me! You must have spent many hours working on this and it shows in every little detail.

Heather Klump said...

Loved it then, and love it even more now! I can't wait for that tutorial! A Mazing Sandra! :)

Anonymous said...

Sandra you are the Queen of 3D! I've said that all along:) So glad to have you as a friend and even more excited to be an Artisan Award winner with you.

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your award Sandra. This carousel is just too cute.

Brenda Quintana said...

This is absolutely fabulous!!!!

Phyllis Strickland said...

This is the cutest thing - and so much more amazing IRL!

Rose said...

This project is BRILLIANT! Love it! Congratulations to you :)

lmel09 said...

Awesomely amazing Sandra! To think I was in the company of such genius!

Texas JennyWren said...

Wow, that is absolutely amazing. I LOVE the owl being on the carosel!! adorable.

Linda Tarolli said...

What an amazing project and a well-deserved award. TFS

Anonymous said...

This leaves me speechless! OMG!!! It's magnificent!! TFS!

Regina Mangum said...

Congratulations on your Artisan win, and for crediting my rocking horse! I've been getting a lot of request on my blog for instructions, so if you'd like to add the link to the specific post with them, here you go: http://thestampinbean.blogspot.com/2010/04/rockin-birthday.html

LeAnne said...

When I saw this at convention, I was floored! Seeing it close up, I am even MORE floored! What an awesome creation! Are you an engineer? My mind doesn't even think that way! You are very deserving of that Artisan Award title!

Linda Callahan said...

This is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen!