Saturday, August 13, 2011

Artisan Dinner Swap - My Project

Well we've had a ton of fun on this Artisan Award Winner Blog Hop.  Today we're offering you a bonus day to the hop.  When we were in Utah last month for convention, we had a special dinner out with Shelli and her hubby Sterling, and a few of the concept artists at Stampin' Up!  It was a fabulous dinner that went on much longer than planned because we were so busy laughing so much.  Click here for my post on that evening.  Well, one of the things that we organized before Convention, was a 3D or card swap for the artisan winners.  So today we are showcasing our swaps from that dinner.  The thought of swapping with people who had won the Artisan Award was very intimidating.  So I decided to try my hand at something 3D.  I've been eyeing up the fabric and decided to try and use my new Delicate Doilies fabric.  I searched the internet for ideas and came up with this little pouch.  I bought some plain white cotton fabric to line the outside, and a zipper from the fabric store.  I promise that I will post a tutorial about this in the next few weeks (whew! I've a lot of tutorials to post this month!)  Anyway, I made 16 of these 'puppies' in a week.  I used to sew my own clothes a lot so it was just a matter of practice for me to use that old skill and start sewing again.   
Not all of the Artisans are participating in this hop, but here's the list of links for you to check out today.

THE ARTISAN AWARD WINNERS BLOG HOP 2011
1. Connie Collins  
2. Sandra Farrell   (You are here)
3. Heidi King  
4. Heather Klump   
5. Cheryl LeFore   
6. Laura Mellinger
7. Jennifer Picard    
8. Heather Stevens
9. Summer Stone    
10. Heather Summers

1 comment:

Jessica D. Taylor said...

I love this little purse, would love directions if you have them for sewing this lil gem! Great job!