Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Artisan Blog Hop Day #9

Welcome to Day #9 of the Artsan Award Blog Hop. If you have been following the past few days just skip down to the information below the photo If this is your first visit, let me explain. This years' Artisan Award winners are having a BLOG HOP. We're going to show you all of our winning projects, and let you know a bit about how we made them. If you check out all projects over the whole hop you will see 100 winning projects. So don't forget to stop by tomorrow! Underneath my project, you will find a link to the next blog on the tour, and at the very bottom of this post you will find a complete list of all 10 blogs, in case you get lost on the tour. You should have just come from Connie Collins' blog. Isn't she terribly talented. I love her work.

I decided that I needed to create a copy of a card that I made last year.  I added more layers and more detail to this card, but essentially it is the same.  I will really miss this stamp. I really enjoyed watercolouring it.  Watercolouring is so simple when you use watercolour paper and an aquapainter.  The frame was made by running the DSP through the big shot in the Tulip Frame Embossing Folder.  IO will be posting a tutorial in the next week on how I did this. Then I used a sanding block to distress it and rub off the outer layer of paper to expose the white core.  I hope you enjoyed today's project, now hop on over to Heidi King's blog to see her next amazing project.

SUPPLIES:
Stamps - Because I Care

Cardstock – Early Espresso, Old Olive, Confetti White,
Other Paper - Blushing Bride Designer Series Paper, Watercolour Paper
Classic Ink – Old Olive, Blushing Bride
Other Ink - Black Staz On, Old Olive and Blushing Bride Stampin’ Write Markers
Adhesives – SNAIL adhesive, Sticky Strip, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Crystal Effects
Accessories –Linen Thread, Framed Tulips Textured Impressions Embossing Folder for the Big Shot, Pretty In Pink Designer Button, Old Olive 1 ¼” Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Sanding Block


THE ARTISAN AWARD WINNERS BLOG HOP 2011
1. Connie Collins  
2. Sandra Farrell   (You are here)
3. Heidi King  
4. Heather Klump   
5. Cheryl LeFore   
6. Laura Mellinger
7. Jennifer Picard    
8. Heather Stevens
9. Summer Stone    
10. Heather Summers

2 comments:

lmel09 said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Sandra! I love the soft colors.

Connie Collins said...

Beautiful card!