Friday, August 5, 2011

Mojo Birthday


This is a hybrid card created with My Digital Studio.  I absolutely love this new patterned paper Spice Cake, but my pre-order from the Holiday Mini, has not arrived yet.  So I decided to try my luck with MDS, and mocked up a version of this card.  Then I printed it out in pieces and put it together. I love, love, love this paper, especially how it features Pool Party.  The scallop around the circle was very easy to make.  First I punched out a strip with the Dotted Scallop border punch and then I ran it through the crimper.  Then I pinched and tucked it to make the border of the large circle.  I should explain that this card is made for my Brother-in-Law's birthday which is coming up this weekend and he's a huge motorcycle fanatic, so I knew I needed to add the bike image so he wouldn't find this card too 'girly'.
And what started off my quest to make this card was this fabulous sketch from Julee at Mojo Monday.  I'm not sure why, but this sketch really spoke to me.   And FYI, if you are interested, me and my fellow Artisan Award winners are currently having a blog hop.  Go up and click on the title of my blog, and then scroll down to check out my winning entries, and get links to the other winning entries on the Blog Hop.

7 comments:

Sheltering Stitch said...

WHere did you find the motorcycle stamp? This is a great card!

Lisa Elton said...

Wow...what a guy great card :) Rich fabulous colors and a neat stamp! VERY NICE!

Lisa Elton said...

Oops...just reverse those words please ~ hehe :)

Connie Collins said...

Sandra,
You know I am crazy for MDS hybrid cards and this one is off the chart. I LOVE IT! I really like the new Spice Cake DSP and can wait to use it.

savvy teaching tips said...

The motorcycle stamp is on My Digital Studio by Stampin' Up!

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

Oh my gosh Sandra! I love this! What an AMAZING job you've done!

Lesley said...

I love this card Sandra! I didn't even try that sketch and you nailed it! 2 weeks to go my friend! I am heading into the classroom on Wednesday to start papering the walls.
Hugs.
Lesley